You know how I know it's officially spring- because I have the pleasure of smelling the tantalizing scent of cigarette smoke creeping through my opened window. Yup, that's right. The smoking girls are sitting on my front stoop, ignoring the fact that people might want to leave their windows open to enjoy the nice weather. Bah Humbug.
Fortunately, I bought a new perfume today and can sniff my wrists when the overwhelming cigarette smell becomes too much. This is a technique Becca and I perfected while on a 6-week cross country trip. At the time, we used whatever good smelling things we could find to block out the smell of farts, car exhaust and garlic. I specifically remember sticking a tube of toothpaste practically up my nose to avoid the inevitable stench of a crowded bus. Eww.
Also, I have a confession to make: I did not wear a sundress today. But Alana, it's Sundress week! How could you do this to us? I know, I know. The thing is, the weather report informed me that it was supposed to rain today, and I just couldn't bring myself to wear a dress. So, I opted for a cute summery top and jeans instead.
Wow...yesterday was possibly the most fabulous day ever. Get ready, here's a list post:
1) My buddy Emily sent me a sundress picture via her Blackberry. I love technology, and I love that Em decided to participate in Sundress Week! Not only is her dress cute, it's also pink for Pink Thursday!
2) Yesterday marked my last class as a junior. Woohoo! I presented my final design project and I think it went pretty well. Basically, the assignment was to design 4 parts of a CD package: the front cover, the inside cover, the actual CD and the back cover. Although most people worked with existing CDs, I decided to design my a cappella group's upcoming CD. Actually, we're recording today, which should be pretty fun. Sorry kiddos, I'm going to have to show you the actual design in a different post.
3) We got out of class 2 hours early, which gave me just enough time to get my new favorite spring Starbucks drink (grande shaken green tea, sweetened) and do some internship work.
4) It was Pink Thursday and so many of my friends and readers informed me that they wore pink. That made me so happy.
5) Cambridgeside Galleria hosted a really awesome FREE event called "Passport to Style." My friend Lana drove a bunch of us girls over to the mall where we stood in an absurdly long line to register. We were given wristbands and a welcome bag, as well as a piece of cardboard with an attached key. We were then directed to try to fit our key into the locks of two large trunks. If your key opened either of the trunks, you'd win whatever was inside.
Guess what? I won! Now, don't get too excited, I didn't win a new convertible or anything, but I did get movie passes to the new Matthew McConaughey movie. Plus, a photographer took my picture.
6) We got AWESOME swag bags at the event. They're huge and pink and perfect for a day at the beach. Plus, they were filled with tons of free stuff!
7) There were tables and vendors throughout the mall giving out free stuff and coupons. Riki and I even got a free wash and blow dry and a mini-makeover. Also, the guy who did my hair was probably the most awesome stylist I've ever met- he used to play baseball in the minor league! I made sure to give him a hug before I left.
8) One of the girls in my a cappella group brought an entire pizza from T-Anthony's to practice. It was left over from an event she'd attended and was absolutely delicious.
Of course I'll show you pictures from the event...as soon as Rachel L emails me them. Have a great Friday!
Wow, I have so many great Sundress Week pictures to post from yesterday!
Some sundress pics from back home. Thanks Donna!
Hi all! I know this is a little late, but here are some photos from yesterday!
As promised, here's a Sundress Week photo from one of my faithful readers:
Hello boys and girls and happy Sundress Week! I hope you're all enjoying the nice weather...although a few of you have told me that it's not actually so warm where you live. Of course, I'm sad that you can't all enjoy the lovely Boston weather for yourselves, but hopefully these photos will cheer you up.
I did a mini photo shoot today during babysitting. My nine year old and I found a nice spot near the playground and took turns snapping photos of each other. We brought the dog. He's not really that into being photographed...he moves a lot.
My wonderful roommate is responsible for choosing today's "sundress," which is a little number I picked up last year at Target. I use quotation marks because it's actually a beach cover-up. I'm a believer that cover-ups, as well as pajamas and sometimes even lingerie (unless highly see-through and scandalous), can be worn as regular clothing.