Thanks to Walgreens for underwriting this post. I was paid as a member of the Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all mine. Visit http://www.walgreens.com/beauty.
What a fun post prompt, right? Who doesn't love talking about their favorite affordable beauty products?
Here are some of my favorites, which can all be found at your favorite drugstore. (Technically this is supposed to be a gift guide, but I figured that it's a little late for that. Instead, I'm going to do a more general overview of my favorite budget friendly products, that would make great gifts for...lots of people!)
1. Rusk Sensories Clarifying Shampoo- this is my new favorite shampoo. I recently noticed that my hair felt greasy and lifeless and couldn't figure out why. After chatting with a stylist, I found out that my volumizing shampoo was weighing it down. Enter clarifying shampoo. This stuff is amazing and you can get 33 oz bottle at TJMaxx for $10. Plus, it's extra concentrated, so you can use 30-50% less.
2. Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner- I know you're not supposed to use toner as a substitute for a good cleanser, but sometimes I do it anyway. I actually have the generic version of this toner, which is about half the price, and I apply it to my face on a cotton round. It definitely takes off some dirt and leaves my face feeling clean in a pinch.
3. Essie Nail Polish- if it's good enough for practically every nail salon, it's good enough for me. I used to be all about the OPI, but Essie is a little cheaper and has a ton of fun colors. (Remember my neutral nails?)
4. Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer- I haven't tried this yet, but I really want to. My dark circles have been ridiculous, even though I 1) use eye cream 2) get enough sleep. Concealer is definitely a last resort for me, but it's worth a try.
5. Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Gothic- again, I haven't tried this yet, but I really want to. I have a more expensive lip stain that I love, but I definitely want to add another shade to my collection. Plus, it'll be great to find a shade that matches my hot red lipstick- I want to try layering it underneath lipstick for a longer lasting color.
6. Goody Simple Styles Spin Hair Pins- easy to use and fun to play with, these spring shaped pins are perfect for an impromptu up-do!
What are your favorite inexpesive beauty products?